Experience the quintessential taste of Wimbledon with this delightful strawberries and cream recipe. A perfect harmony of luscious strawberries and silky cream, this indulgent dessert embodies the spirit of summer.
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and pat them dry with a paper towel. Remove the green stems and cut the strawberries into halves or quarters, depending on their size. Place the prepared strawberries in a bowl and set them aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, pour in the heavy cream. Using an electric mixer or a whisk, beat the cream until it thickens slightly and starts to form soft peaks. Be careful not to overbeat, as the cream may become lumpy.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the whipped cream. Continue beating for another minute or until the cream forms stiff peaks. The cream should be thick and smooth.
- To serve, place a generous amount of strawberries in a bowl or a serving dish. Spoon a dollop of the whipped cream on top of the strawberries or serve it on the side. You can also drizzle a little bit of the strawberry juice over the cream for extra flavor.
- Wimbledon tradition suggests enjoying the strawberries and cream with a glass of chilled Pimm's, but you can pair it with your beverage of choice.
- Serve immediately.